Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tarte à l'oignon pictures pt. deux

UPDATE: I put two slices in the fridge, and had one for dinner. I popped it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and dug in, and in the magical way that this seems to always happen: it tasted even BETTTER! All the flavors had softened up and it was the perfect temperature. This is probably one of the better things I've made all year.










The tarragon wasn't too wormwood-y, and the bechemel set up nicely, although, perhaps, next time I will try and make it really really thick to make it more of a solid rather than a soft tart. And the dough didn't totaly fall apart, although it was pretty flaky! NOT A DISASTER AT ALL!
I think this recipe could be doubled for the size cast iron skillet I was using! And as long as the bechemel was tight enough, it would ROCK, although perhaps a thinner tart is more traditional. Served along a spring greenns with a tangy dressing, it makes the most adorable lunch.
-R

No comments:

Post a Comment