Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cupcake sage: pt II, the training ground

I got home around 9:30 tonight and I decided to: 

a. go out
b. finish my final
c. tool with cupcakes

C. I'm experimenting with my cupcake child! it's a white chocolate cake with a blackcurrant filling and chestnut cream frosting. 

I bought dried chestnuts a while ago and I was trying to figure out how to best make them edible, after soaking etc. i decided to boil them which works pretty nicely! 

bought these fellers a while ago at the chelsea market

mm batter...a little to liquidy so i added some more flour..aye this isn't really a good recipe to not have a mixer!...it's interesting, got it sort of from a blog, chockylit
-melt white chocolate and butter, remove from heat and add to sugar, let cool
-then beat until smooth with vanilla and after add dry ingredients, it made me a really spongey cake, almost like pound cake

mmmm blackcurrant reduction! i was sort of winging it, sans recipe...first reduction i think! pure blackcurrant juice with sugar, a little cornstarch and red wine (zinfandel)

i'd tap that. 


or make it a filling..which i did!

then i added some hazelnut cream frosting

projects: make cake cakier, make frosting thicker






No comments:

Post a Comment