Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cupcake Saga: Commence














Suzanne and I have decided to enter a cupcake contest held by The Brooklyn Kitchen separately, and tonight we focused on my cupcake creation:
Rosebud Cupcakes with Apricot Honey Frosting!

PS: ALL OF YOU WHO ARE IN THE CITY SHOULD COME!!! FREE CUPCAKES!!! And if you want to help us try and win, you can buy votes that go towards charity!
I used a basic vanilla-vanilla cupcake recipe as my starter. I really really want these cupcakes to be super fragrant and floral, reeking of rose. I don't know if that's possible and it certainly didn't happen tonight, but we'll keep trying. The apricot-honey frosting was good, albeit a bit too sweet, and I added milk, which curdled a bit when it came in contact with the citric acid in the apricot jam. Pretty happy we did a test round!

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment