Tonight's dinner for two.
1. I was correct in assuming that if I slow roasted the chicken at a lower temperature for a while and then cranked the heat at the end, it would produce both succulently fall-off-the-bone-moist flesh and crispy shiny skin! Success!
2. Sweet Potato Gnocchi are really sticky. Use lots and lots of flour. The consistency of a sweet potato is, indeed, a bit gloopier and wetter than that of a regular potato. Otherwise, I found that it can be subsituted into a regular gnocchi recipe just fine. Mine included just sweet potato, flour, and one egg, although some call for ricotta cheese which must be lovely x20!
3. Italian flat leaf parsley makes anything look/taste good. As does a lemon wedge.
4. Pouring the chicken-y contents of your roasting pan over your whole meal just before serving is a good idea.
5. Big Apple Meat Market (Right next to Stile's farmers market!) sells really cheap meat!!!!!!!
Let's do a rundown, shall we?
2 Chicken Legs (1.97!)
1/2 Summer Sqash (.20)
2 Sweet Potatoes (.44)
1 Lemon (.20)
... everything else I had on me, but all basics (flour, garlic, parsley...). You get the point.