Friday, July 24, 2009

Dinner For One: Trout




I decided to stop into the Lobster Man today (Bleecker St.) for a fillet of salmon that I've treated myself with before. It comes to between 6-7 dollars for a single (but perfect) portion, and it's good smothered in mustard and baked. It's kind of a lot, I know, but whatever, it's worth it.


WELL, today I noticed my favorite bony fish tucked away in the back of the icing shelf for 6.95/lb. Brook Trout! I took an ample single serving sized whole fishy home for 3.95.


Success! Spread the dijon on top, sprinkle on thyme, broil in the oven for something under 10 minutes, take it out and place it over a bed of pan wilted rainbow chard. And eat. Not too bony today either. Now if I can only figure out how to get the whole fish off the pan in one piece.


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment