Saturday, August 22, 2009

Faire un pique-nique


Look at those happy clams


Hooray ice cream!

The spread: beet salad, orecchiette, haddock, with a summery cocktail



Grinding sage a little for the cocktail: gin and tonic with basically everything in it: lemon, sage, blueberries


Cuttin' some beets...and turnips


Well this picnic may or may not have actually been a month ago...but it was tasty and joyous nonetheless! We went out into the pasture above the beach on a lovely sunny day and ate some tasties. I made orecchiette pasta (it means 'little ear' maybe gives bow tie a run for its money?) salad with beet greens and herbs.

Since I have a problem, I also made beet/turnip salad with goat cheese. OOh and a crowning achievement: haddock! My parents we're doing some grillan' so they grilled those lovelies with breadcrumbs and I pan-cooked the rest. Oh an ode to fresh fish of the Gloucester!

It was Kathryn's birthday a little while back, so I made a cake: chocolate with brown sugar butter cream. It paired nicely with homemade strawberry ice cream and mango granita!

I support anything al fresco...on the veranda...with Bradly and Madison...preferably on the Vineyard.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment