Thursday, July 2, 2009

Foodgawker and Inspiration

for all of you who haven't checked out foodgawker.. do so immediately.
what lies there is a seemingly endless collection of the "best of" pictures from the "best of" food blogs. and now, as it merrily rains out side, I will share with you my personal favorites of the bunch: things I have no way the resources to make, but one day would be proud to:


1. Red Currant and Chocolate Tart (from: http://palachinka.blogspot.com/2009/06/red-currant-tart.html)

This is potentially one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. It combines my two favorite dessert textures: a soft fruit jelly and creamy chocolate ganache. The presentation is glorious. I can't say enough. The layers look so incredibly thick, that you can just imagine a fork sliding through it. Ahhh.






The O Pistachio blogger ALWAYS makes incredible looking things, but this is just top notch. As you can see, I have a distinct fondness for good looking tarts. This is a whole shallot tarte with the little devils nestled in a red onion jam. Holy crap.





I'm not really sure how much I have to explain this one. It's ASKING to be ripped apart and dunked in something or have something slathered on it or pressed between two slices of it....













The colors in this bowl of this Indian garlic heaven are astonishing and captured perfectly. I can almost smell it. You can see by the ingredients list how complex it is.
5. Cilantro Shrimp Dumplings with Homemade Wrappers (from http://rumahmakanmurni.blogspot.com/2009/06/cilantro-shrimp-chinese-dumplings.html)
These perfectly shaped dumplings look chewy and savory and to die for. Ultimate comfort.




Most of the time, the best things are the simplest. So I'll end with these.


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment